Monday, February 23, 2015

Double Exposed Portraits

Portrait photography is a photo taken of a person to show their personality or mood of the subject. It also can be taken of a group of people. It can relate to a profile view because it shows personality and expression. Same with silhouetting, it shows your mood you are trying to express. Portrait photography is nothing compared to a regular photo you would of taken.

To create a Double Exposure photo you first must take one or two profile photos and two background images. Next, you open up photoshop, File > Scripts > Load Files into Stack and choose your images you would like to use. Then you resize the photo to, 8.5 x 11” 300 px/in. It should be the size of a regular piece of paper. Later, you blend the photos by clicking, D-Click Layer > Blend Mode > Screen. Lastly, to make your portrait creative you can click, Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Explore.
There you go! Thats how you create a double exposure picture in photoshop! Double exposure portraits are really fun to make! Its pretty fun blending not only the background photos but also your profile you took!

In my double portraits I used pictures of : lights, flowers, leaves and the ocean. In my first example I used flowers and leaves. I used those photos to symbolize me because I really like nature and how beautiful the leaves and flowers looked. For my second example I used a photo of the ocean and another photo of lights. I used those photos to symbolize me because I am a light person and I am always happy and joyful. Also , I used the ocean to symbolize me because I really like to swim in the ocean. I think my quality of work could've improved by taking another ocean picture because it looks a little pixelated.


21 comments:

  1. Awesome work Kaehukaiiha'amaina'e!!!!! I love the lights its almost gives a soothing feeling. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job ehu!!! I see the light on your chinny chin chin. Overall great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sick pictures! Opacity a little up will be awesome! Good job being caught up with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice usage of where the lights are placed, and the sand on the bottom is good usage of the space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how your lights flow from your eyebrows.
    Your message kinda works.
    The ocean is hard to see a little.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great images
    next time try to make you ocean pop out more
    i love your amount of writing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job! I really liked how you made the picture of the lights is so clear. I think that you could have adjusted your pictures around a little better. Great quality!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love your lights and how they appear to be strung in your hair. I can clearly see the ocean as well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute it reminds me of tumblr... I think the lights are to creative, Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I love how you added in the string of lights. I can't really see your second image however, and one thing I would improve is making it more visible. Overall though, awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The photos you used are really nice, the colors all match and it looks good. I would like to see the ocean more, but I like how you put it lower. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think this feels a little more simple. It could have been more noticeable for both of your images because it just looks like a normal portrait. I remember you finishing early so I would have thought you could do a little more better. The message does come a bit clear however, the ocean is weird to be seen.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome photos! One thing you could improve is making that second image more visible. But, I really lie that string of lights, it's well placed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The lights are amazing! It's creative. The ocean could be more visible, but your layer effects are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can see your lights, but I can't see your other symbols very well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. good job. love the ocean and the over all photos

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the brightness of the lights really stand out. The picture of the beach is hard to see. Overall, you did a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I Love the lights in your head!!!!
    I think your message does work, but it is a little hard to see the ocean.
    I think to improve your work you could have moved the lights to get one of them off of your chin.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how your symbols match up and where they were put.
    Your layer effects are very nice and it adds a mood to your photo.
    I can't really see the ocean in your photo, so if you brought that out more, that would've been great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Great job Ehu! I really like the string of lights!
    I think your picture could improve by making the second image more visible.
    Over-all great work!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great Job! I like the lights in your image, overall awesome job!

    ReplyDelete